All children In Reception to Year 2 receive Universal Infant Free School Meals. We hope that as many children as possible will take advantage of this scheme.
Approximately 300 children are served each lunchtime, proving how popular our meals are at St Margaret's Primary, and we welcome suggestions and ideas. We hold five complete stars on our food hygiene certificate to be seen displayed in the school and much of the food is prepared fresh on site each day. Yogurts, fruit, salad and fresh made bread are all on offer daily. Fresh water is always available. We do not use nuts in our food at all and allergies and special diets can be catered for. Please inform the school kitchen of any dietary requirements via the office addressing any correspondence to Mrs Denise Thackray, School Kitchen
Payment should be made on Parentmail.
If your child wishes to move on/off school dinners you will be given the option at the end of every term. Please e mail or notify us in writing.
Free School Meals Eligibility (FSM).
Children in Years 3 to 6 are entitled to free school meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
To find out if you qualify for Free School Meals please speak to Mrs Ingham in the School Office or call:
Leeds Benefit helpline on 2224404 or
Call HMRC Tax Credit helpline on 0845 3003900
You can also access the Leeds City Council FSM webpage at http://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/Free-school-meals.aspx